Sunday, November 3, 2013

Marathon Weekend!!!

We traveled to Springfield this weekend for Michael marathon! It was super fun being at Bass Pro all weekend pretty much and Megan has now declared it her favorite store! We all did our personal best (Megan and my first) and had a blast! We are already talking about where to go next!
Michael did awesome and finished at the exact time he wanted to run which was 3:45...he continues to amaze me! His pace was 8:35/mile and it was so exciting to see him reach him goal! He is now talking about maybe trying a trial run next time so who knows what he'll do next!
Megan did a great job! She blazed her own trail and ran ahead of me at the start. She had a gleam in her eyes and I couldn't help but say go go go! We had planned to stick together but she has running in her blood and I wasn't about to hold her back! She was the kid that would rather run than play at the playground! She had me worried at the end when I didn't see her at first but I was super relieved when I found her. We already have a plan in place for her next one! She was disappointed to not get a medal and we thought the 5K had medals but we were wrong. So now she's determined that next year she's running the half marathon so she can get the medal with animals on it...oh boy!
This is my first 5K and it's a great baseline for me. I had a great time and loved the competetion of jogging past people walking and jogging past people. I'm still trying to figure out how to work, go to school, be a mom, and fit in walking/jogging but I'm working on it! I am definitely looking forward to the next one!


Megan loved all of the animals on display. They had hawks, snakes, bunnies, bald eagle, and more.

Michael running to the finish line!!!

Megan posing with the big fish! She loves Bass Pro!

I stopped to take this picture because these kids were awesome! Best signs of the day!

Here she is with the bald eagle behind her!


Megan and I posing for a picture that we asked a random stranger to take!


Before the race!

The day before the race we enjoyed browsing Bass Pro Shops...such a fun store, we had to drag Megan away!

Megan and Michael had a great time swimming in the pool! Megan managed to talk Michael into going under and she said he should learn to swim before running again! He was a good sport when she was trying to dunk him...but I still saw the terror in his eyes!

Here they are posing for a picture!

Before the race! Instead of Where's Waldo, it's Where's Michael!

1 comment:

Pop Pop said...

Horay for Forest, I mean Michael, RUN MICHAEL RUN. In all honesty I really am impressed, it'e not something I have the lung power to do or ever could. I can walk it faster than most can run, but if I break out in a run I'm done.
I'm really impressed with Magen though, to take off on her own with confidence. WOW! How cool is that! And Mom I am most proud of you, and I think you know why.

Love you, Dad