Thursday, July 28, 2011

Waaaaay Overdue!

This is so overdue! We have been so busy this summer. Blueberry picking, swimming lessons, lots of fun with friends, family time, birthday parties and more. Some of the highlights include Megan throwing a fit and losing her gun in the process...which we later found in her hair. She is getting ready to go on her first overnight with a friend and they are going to Branson to swim and see a show! She loved swimming this summer and as always enjoyed gymnastics. In the fall she is going to do soccer which should be interesting! Megan and I have enjoyed reading books together. We read the first book in the Boxcar Children series and she loved it!

Jakie is enjoying everything boy, he loves things with wheels (trains, cars, his bike, etc.) and sporty things like throwing and kicking. He apparently enjoys apples...core and all! He also learned to petal a tricycle backwards at first and the can now go both ways. He tried to give himself a bath one day and poured half a bottle of Johnson & Johnson's soap all over him in the kitchen floor.

Emily is becoming an individual and loves her siblings. She gives Megan the best smiles. She has started to sleep better only getting up 1-2 times per night which is wonderful. She is stubborn and goes 8+ hours without eating if I'm not around (which will be a lot very soon when I go back to work). She is getting bigger and bigger. We aren't going to be able to use many of Megan's baby clothes for her because the seasons aren't working out like I thought they would because she just keeps growing like crazy! She is enjoying her exersaucer and bouncy seats but loves Daddy's arms most of all. He is the one that usually gets her to sleep these days!

In other news we are also taking the pet plunge. We are getting Megan a kitten for her birthday and in October we are getting a therapy dog for me to take to school. Considering we've never really had a cat or dog I hope we do good!

I have also embarked on a new challenge...I've joined weight watchers and so far I've lost about 20 pounds!!! I am ecstatic and I am wearing clothes pre-babies! I cannot wait to see what I look like next year!

Emily looking at Megan while playing in the exersauser!
This is one of my favorite pictures of the kids. They are truly happy together for the picture. We had an awesome time at our friend Sophie's 4th birthday party.
Emily hanging out in Michael's arms while we walked around Wal-Mart waiting and waiting for my oil to be changed!
She loves sleeping in her new wrap! We love using it at Wal-Mart when shopping because it's always when she's super tired.

1 comment:

Pop Pop said...

What A great Mom and Dad you two turner out to be. You do so many fun things with your kids. Ever so much better than I ever did. Proud of you like you can't believe.