Monday, November 19, 2012

Marathon Man!!!

Michael ran his first marathon on Saturday!! He has trained for 16 weeks straight without ever missing a workout! He did an amazing job and it was great to see all of his hard work pay off! His goal was to complete it under 4 hours 15 minutes and he accomplished that by doing 4 hours 7 minutes! We had a great time in Kansas City and couldn't have done it without my mom (who had Megan and Emily), Laura and Jon (who had Jacob), and my coworker Sarah (who had Shoney). Laura and Jon even made the trip with Jacob so they could see Michael finish!  I managed to chase Michael through Kansas City to finally catch up with him two times...I missed him by minutes two other times (I'm still a little miffed about that!). I personally learned a lot about being a spectator and will put it all to use when Michael runs his next marathon (possibly in April/May).

http://www.thenorthface.com/en_US/endurance-challenge/kansas-city-mo-road/results/?stop_mobi=yes


Here we are before the race!

I borrowed this image from the race website!

Another borrowed picture!

I managed to take this one myself! Michael wasn't supposed to be with the 4 hour pacers so I wasn't looking for him and I was distracted by 2 little boys running the half marathon that I almost missed Michael completely!

Wahoooo! He finished the race!!!

Here are his official times!

Jacob waiting for his daddy to finish!

1 comment:

Pop Pop said...

Impressive, something I can not do is run like that wish I could, always have, but just can't.Good job Michael PROUD of you!