Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Prison Break 2013

We had a great time on Saturday doing the Prison Break 5 Miles to Freedom race!! I was very nervous but it was super fun!

Here we are all dressed up to start the race! They handed out prison garb to wear for the start of the race and it was complete with a warden yelling things at us! Mike, Jon, Laura, Alicia, Michael, and I had a great time and next year Jenny won't have a test and Matt won't be injured so we can all do it together!

Here we are after the race sweaty and gross!

I am super happy with the shirts!

It was awesome. Before the race they allowed us to walk through one of the housing units and explore which was super fun. It was hard to imagine what it would've been like when the prison was a real prison. I had a lot of fun reading about it after the race and would love to take the tour soon.

The race itself was just plain fun! They start you off in two lines and lead you into a pitch black room and tell you to just keep walking and you have to find the map and pass it forward. Once that happens we go out to the road and stand like the warden says...until someone finally says forget this I'm leaving and off we go! The 5 mile race included the following obstacles: climbing walls, mud pit, climbing through tunnels, tires, hay, under tarps, and the finale of the best slip and slide ever! Laura and I went at the same time (not so smart!) and I was going very fast and I was afraid I would run into her so I flipped over to my tummy but I just kept flying!

Here we are on the bottom of the slip and slide...it was awesome! Michael apparently was one of the first 5 or so down because Sue and Jenny weren't able to get a picture of him! Jon went super fast head first and made it all the way to the sidewalk!

I was so happy after that part!

Here are a couple of super nice people who walked with me! They were great sports and we had fun!

Here we are after the race together.

All finished...I found dirt, hay, grass, and who knows what else when I showered! I cannot wait until the next Prison Break!

1 comment:

Pop Pop said...

Defanetly looks like good times. though you do not look muddie enough, you should see some of the mud runs they go through. when they finish you cant see the body through the mud.

Michael looks pretty natural in that cell, maybe he should get one. I could turn a closet into one for him. let him out for work only. let the kids throw scraps at him. could be fun.