Monday, March 9, 2009

Jacob Has Arrived!

Jacob Michael arrived on Sunday March 8, 2009 at 2:14 pm. He weighed 8 lbs. 4 oz. and is 21 in. long. I started having regular contractions Sunday morning around 6am (what I thought was 5am because we forgot about daylight savings!). When we got to the hospital I was already dialated to 5cm. My labor was really intense for a while until after 7cm when they came in and said because this is a VBAC (vaginal birth after ceserean) that I really should have an epidural just in case things change quickly so they wouldn't have to completely knock me out. At this point the contractions were way too intense with so many people around that I decided to just get it. After this it was just a waiting game until it was time to push. The delivery was like night and day with and without the drugs. Although we really wanted to have a natural childbirth, I think it all worked out exactly as it should have. The great thing is that it was a successful VBAC and I didn't have to get another ceserean so yeah. We are already back home and settling in nicely, the recovery so far is not too bad, nothing like before!
Megan loves being a big sister. She comes running anytime he cries. She was a trooper through this whole thing, she was at the hospital from the time we checked in (around 9:30am) until 5pm that day. Thanks Grandma Woodward for being patient with her and playing with her that whole time!
As far as Jacob is concerned he is very laid back so far. He sleeps a lot of course but yet we are still exhausted! It's amazing to finally meet him after all this time!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What can I say but WOW! ... Not the game either. What a great job.

I'M a GRAND POP POP AGAIN WOO HOO!!