Saturday, July 27, 2013

Artsy Project

I really wanted a certain quote on my wall at work and couldn't find it anywhere to buy so I decided to do a little DIY craft project which turned out to be a great family project!
Jacob really enjoyed painting his canvas! His is still in progress but we plan to put some superheros on his and paint the top black!

Emily also liked painting and for now because the canvas is a little pricey she's painting the back!

After the first layer dries overnight we add the stickers.

This was my practice one to see if it really worked.

Then you paint over it with the top color.

Take the stickers off and touch up the paint a little and this is the final project!

Here is Megan's before.

She was really excited about her picture and said that she wouldn't trade it for anything, "not $1000 or even a six flags ticket!"

We had a lot of fun taking the picture!

She was told not to smile and this is what happened!

Emily has now started to want to paint all of the time and it's her most asked for activity!

After all of that, this is my final project. The blue is a little brighter in person and I finished it last night at 2am! The colors match my new curtains that a friend is making for my office and I am actually putting pictures on the wall and really moving into my office (after 3-4 years it's finally time!). Pictures of the office will come later!

1 comment:

Pop Pop said...

doing art wit the kids all the time that is so cool. having the creativity to creat will do more for them than anything else. something I didn't get to do with you or just didn't do. Shame on Me!
the roots are easy to do helping them fly is another story. By the way has Michael tried sky diving yet? I'LL pack his shoot.